Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Power of Tutorials

Most of the paintings that I've done so far have been from tutorials that I've found on YouTube. Let me tell you, even if you don't try every single painting that you see posted by an art instructor, it really helps just watching their different techniques and listening to their advice. Here are some samples of paintings that I did based on tutorials: 


Shooting star night scene over the water.
Waterfall
These were both lessons that were posted on YouTube by professional artist and art instructor Wilson Bickford. He has a ton of advice to give when it comes to painting and starting out painting and he makes the paintings quick and simple. 

I've done paintings with other tutorials, as well, but these are two recent attempts and I think they both turned out pretty good. These only require the basic colors that would come in any student set (except perhaps the purple in the top picture - but that wouldn't be too difficult to mix). 

So, if you feel so inclined, I encourage you to give it a try. As Mr. Bickford advises, anyone can pick up a brush and learn the proper strokes to make a beautiful picture - it isn't always about having a talent from birth. Feel free to ask me questions, too - I might not know the answers but I certainly know where you could find them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment